Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Get In Touch With Nature

Dear friends,

I know it is Monday and most of you are grumpy and/or sad and in no mood, so in order to cheer you up I wanted to share with you some reviving quotes about nature, along with some pictures I took this month. The weather was as usual lovely during the week, sun shining and all... and during the weekend it would twist and turn and rain almost 99% of the time. Its been like that since I came here 3 years ago so I am beginning to think this may be a constant for Poland :) Anyway, for me it helps a lot being in touch with nature and walking and looking at the plants and the flowers blooming so I thought maybe this would brighten up your day as well, or at least make you smile a bit :)
A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” ― Albert Einstein
 “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, "This is what it is to be happy.” ― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
 ***
“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alices Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass 
The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” ― Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
***
Now get outside and have some fresh air! Have a look at the sky, wonder what shapes the clouds make, pick up a poppy and wonder how fresh and thin and delicate it can be... Wonder upon the wonders that God planted on this world for us to see, yet we always pass them by. Have a look and them come back and tell me what you saw, for I would love to hear that :)

Yours truly,
A LadyBug that loves Nature :)

No comments:

Post a Comment